Ciaone, everyone! I hope you’ll excuse the interruption of normal Italy content for a personal post. My 25th birthday is coming up (12 days!), and I wanted to do a special post. 25 is a milestone for anyone, and I can’t say I’m unhappy about how the years turned out. Despite the highs and lows, I’m feeling incredibly blessed and excited to see what the future will hold. Let’s get to it—here are 25 semi-random things I did before 25. Happy Birthday to me!
1. Won state championships for snowboarding in high school…
…and received a varsity letter. ??
2. Graduated college…
…and accumulated student debt! Yes!
3. Spent time with family and friends…
Basically just family.
4. Learned a second language
…and turned my DuoLingo tree gold! (Disclaimer: Not how I learned Italian ?)
5. Lived in Italy for 3 months
6. Landed my dream job…
…and was promoted!
7. Gave a work presentation to 20+ people (for over an hour!)
Pitchin’ ain’t easy.
8. Stayed up all night to watch the sun rise on the beach…
…and went swimming in the ocean at midnight.
9. Bought a new car (2x)
Jeep, I guess you’re alright.
10. Stumbled upon a huge music festival in Montreal
11. Leased my first apartment (alone)
…and moved back home
12. Went camping
Worst time of my life. Don’t do it.
13. Said hello to new friends…
…and goodbye to toxic relationships.
It’s @fractlagency’s annual pep rally week, which means @instadomenica is in town. She’s the only person I’ve ever met from Vermont. More importantly, there are no @target stores in her ENTIRE STATE. Instead of going out for a night on the town to celebrate her return, we wandered around a supermarket. #workbesties #?
14. Took myself out to dinner (and a movie)
More for me!
15. Rode + skated—a lot
16. Ran my first 5k
Consider: my walking speed and running speed are. the. exact. same. thing!
17. Became a dog person (kind of)
18. Had my heart broken ?
Too bad, so sad.
19. Was in a music video
20. Cooked dinner for 15+ people
21. Lived through the loss of a parent
I don’t wish it on anyone.
22. Rode horses through the mountains of Abruzzo with a friend
Luckily, I only make this face when I’m riding horses in Abruzzo.
23. Sang karaoke in Tennessee
Destiny’s Child was not impressed.
24. Started a blog (this one!)
25. Made 10,000 mistakes – and learned from (most of) them
Considering the highs and lows, I’m pretty happy with the 25 things I did before 25! Here’s to the next!